Internal cement-sand (CPP insulation) of steel and cast iron pipelines of water supply and drainage systems provides reliable protection against corrosion and fouling for many decades. Also CPP insulation is a cost-effective solution for modern enterprises.
CPP isolation provides a passive and active effect. The passive effect is achieved due to the mechanical isolation of the pipe walls with a layer of mortar, the composition and method of application of which, using the centrifugal spray method, guarantees a high degree of compaction and strength of the coating.
The active effect of protection is based on the alkaline reaction of the cement mortar, in the pores of which a saturated solution of calcium hydroxide with a ph value of 12.6 appears. Under these conditions, iron in a wide range of potentials is in a passive state, i.e., increased corrosion resistance.
Along with the protective effect, cement-sand coatings (CPP insulation) provide high hydraulic characteristics of pipelines, which are achieved by eliminating build-ups, deposits and the formation of a hydrophilic (slippery) layer on the coating surface.
Advantages of using pipes with CPP insulation:
- Comprehensive supplier of rolled metal products Prevention of corrosion of the inner surface of pipelines
- Integrated supplier of rolled metal Prevention of mineral deposits and biological growth
- Integrated supplier of rolled metal Increased throughput (improved hydraulic performance) of existing pipelines
- Integrated supplier of rolled metal Reduced electricity consumption for transportation of drinking and high-quality process water through pipes
- Integrated supplier of rolled metal Reduced water leakage due to sealing holes and leakage of
- Metal joints quality in the process of transportation through pipes of drinking and high-quality process water
- Complex supplier of rolled metal Preservation of the operational properties of pipelines in the event of external corrosion
New and used pipelines can be internally insulated.
The pipelines have a stable throughput, significant energy savings are provided for the supply of water and its quality is maintained during transportation through the pipes. The main advantage of this method of protecting pipes, in comparison with other known technologies, is the absence of a shortage and low cost of raw materials (cement, sand), as well as an almost unlimited range of diameters of processed pipes. Therefore, due to the positive properties and taking into account the economic aspects, the method of internal cement-sand lining by the centrifugal spray method is most widespread in comparison with other technologies for the reconstruction of household drinking water supply pipelines.
Fields of application of electro welded pipes
Depending on the steel grade used, electro welded pipes can be used in different areas. Conventional pipes are used to construct hot and cold water pipelines as well as domestic gas pipelines. Longitudinal electric-welded pipes are used to make pipelines that supply water and heating mains. Special trunk pipes are used for the installation of high-pressure oil and gas trunk lines.
Features of packaging and transportation
Depending on the diameter of the pipes, they are packed in bundles weighing 1-8 tons. Most often, the weight of the package is 2-5 tons. If the pipe diameter is more than 159 mm, then they are not packed in bundles. This is done for the convenience of transportation and unloading of transport.